Airate Limited – Our Data Privacy Notice & Policy
Airate Limited, is a small director-led business, and we ask you to provide us with personal data in order that you can enter into a contract with us to participate in our training and consultancy activities. We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and your data.
Airate Limited, is a company registered in England and Wales, company number 5524517. Our postal address is The Coppins, Bath Place Wharf, Maldon, Essex CM9 5GU, our phone number is 07809 226119, our email address is email@example.com and our website address is www.Airate.co.uk
If you have any questions about this Data Privacy Notice & Policy, please do get in touch with Anni Ridsdill Smith, Company Director, using the above details.
- PERSONAL DATA
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the Data Controller’s* possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (known as and referred to here as the “GDPR”). We obtain your personal data via online forms, phone, email, paper forms or face to face communications. When collecting data for children this is only taken from the parent or legal guardian. For adults, the data is either taken from the individual, family member or friend (when they are booking someone else onto a course). (*For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations we will be a Data Controller of your personal information, meaning we make decisions about how and why your information is used and we have a duty to ensure your rights are understood and protected.)
- USING DATA
Airate Limited complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive or unnecessary data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes: –
- To identify our customers
- To contact our customers regarding training and consultancy services
- To design and deliver training courses for our customers
- To manage customer invoices, take their payments and administer our own accounts
- To ensure the safety of our customers
- To address any participant learning or access needs
- To keep customers updated on events, offers and news
- To promote our business through marketing materials and social media
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. All computers and database systems are password protected.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, and contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know (see below). They will only process your personal data on our instructions, they are subject to duty of confidentiality and are required to follow the laws in respect of personal data.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We retain data whilst it is still current, i.e. where people are current clients or have been within the previous 2 years. Once inactive we keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for insurance purposes relating to possible claims.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which Airate Limited holds about you
- The right to request that Airate Limited corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of data
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Airate Limited to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (see Contact Details in section 12 below).
- FURTHER PROCESSING
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice & Policy, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. We will seek your prior consent to any such new processing.
We have established the following personal data control mechanisms around e-mail marketing for news, events or offers etc:
- Customers have to opt-in to receive emails
- Customers can opt-out of receiving these emails at any time.
- POLICY CHANGES
Any changes we may make to this Date Privacy Notice & Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently on this page to see any updates or changes.
- COOKIES (sadly not the ones you eat…) & WEBSITE THIRD-PARTY LINKS
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto a computer or smartphone when the user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications which are beyond our control. By clicking on those links or enabling those connections, you may allow a third party to collect or share your personal data. We do not control these third parties and are not responsible for their data and privacy-related activities. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- GOT A CONCERN?
The GDPR is complicated and we are genuinely trying to understand it and comply. If you think we have not got it right in any way, please do speak to us in person so that we can act quickly to rectify it. So in the first instance, and to exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please contact Anni Ridsdill Smith Company Director by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07809 226119. Thank you.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF